Wednesday 5 May 2010

"SYMPATHY"

You had everything...
I adored and worshipped you...
The ground you walked on too...
Felt on top of the world...
At last the Universe...
Was mine for keeps...
Your compliments for me...
Became a second nature to you...
I was proud of my life...
Was grateful for everything i had...
And at times, it was overwhelming too...
Little did i know...
I was your mannequin with a difference...
How my dream...now a reality..
Were about to be shattered by you...
I can see now, how i was wearing blinkers..
Blind to my surroundings, my feelings and your motives...
You made sure, how i should be grateful...
To you for giving me a life...
Did i belong in an army camp?
I had feelings too...
Was i unworthy of a fair life?
Trusted you totally...
Gave myself to you completely...
Loved you unconditionally...
You and everything about you were my world...
Too many had suffered in your hands...
Wish to take away their pain and suffering...
Instead i stood by helpless...
Begged you to stop...
Wish i was stronger then, to stand upto you...
I hated myself more than the hatred i had for you...
It wasn't easy being your's...
Destroyed me, mentally and physically too...
It was part and parcel of being married, i was told...
Sleeping with the Enemy comes to mind...
At least, she managed to get away...
I chose to stay...
For fear of what the community might say...
A living corpse you've become...
Wanting me to love you again like before...
It's not Love i feel for you...
My heart cannot love you anymore...
The only feeling i have for you, is called..."SYMPATHY".

No comments:

Post a Comment