Sunday 13 March 2011

Last memories of my Father's Life...

Death is inevitable...
Many close relatives have passed on...
I've witnessed my grandma's...
Just before my 6th birthday...

But never thought...
It would knock on my door for my dad.
Wanted to hold onto what we had...
Just few moments longer...
I know i was asking for too much...

He held on as long as he could...
It was a tug of war within me...
Part of me willing him to stay..
The other half wanting him to stop breathing...

No more pain for him to endure...
Part of me died that day...
Looking forward to meeting him again...
Don't want another life without him.

Rushing home to see him...
All that awaits is an empty bed to greet me.
Life will never be the same ever again...
I will treasure him in my memory...
Only the death of me, can take that away.

I was truly lucky and hononured...
To have been born as his daughter...
If i was to be given another chance...
I would choose him every time...

Thankful to God...
For the times we shared.
I know, he truly cared...
Will make him proud.
Life must go on...

2 comments:

  1. Departure is the greatest sorrow in this world

    ReplyDelete
  2. the tear drop is a rare gem, cherish it and keep it with u always........ May his soul rest in peace...... I cherish my father's memory too.. :( Che

    ReplyDelete